Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I Have Crohn's Disease. No, really.

Hey everyone,

So I've had a lot of GI problems, pain and general illness over the last four years. Really, since 2006, but it's been uncontrolled since 2011-2012, when I had to make drastic dietary and lifestyle changes. However, the Crohn's disease could not be seen by scope or by CT scan until now. During my most recent hospitalization, they did a special CT scan, and found evidence of Crohn's disease in the usual place - the ileum. They also found early Crohn's through an extensive scope procedure in the jejunum.

If you're interested in details, PM me. I'll be receiving treatment by Humira, most likely. It's recommended for people who can no longer control the symptoms through diet and conservative measures. Unfortunately, this means it may take 2-3 months to start feeling better.

It's a scary diagnosis, but I was ready for it. Anyone who read my blog or followed me after my appendicitis last year should remember me mentioning that I probably had Crohn's. It's nice to be vindicated. Doctors treat you like you're malingering (making it up), when they can't find solid evidence. Luckily, I have a GREAT GI doctor. She has been so supportive, and I couldn't be more grateful to my doctors, my family and my friends who have supported me through this long and painful journey. It's not over, but it should be a little better for up to four years. It's in God's hands, as usual.

Much love,
~Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment