Friday, January 30, 2015

Bronchitis Update

Well, I've officially filed a complaint against the ER doctor who "treated me" on Sunday. I have been having severe chest pain and difficulty breathing due to inflammation, likely from a viral infection, for one week. On Sunday, I had a severe episode with high blood pressure, elevated heart rate, elevated breathing rate and emotional agitation. I could not breathe. The ER doctor prescribed a medicine I was allergic to, did not prescribe an inhaler despite my history of asthma, and wrote to my primary care manager that I had a panic attack and I needed a psych eval.
Two things. First of all, if you have chest pain and difficulty breathing, you should go to the ER. Second of all, if I had been given an inhaler and a breathing treatment, then I probably would've been able to work this week instead of being at home in severe pain. 
I called my primary care manager, and they have not had any appointments for the last two weeks, while I've been struggling with this double infection (bacterial sinus infection and viral bronchitis). So I was sent back to the ER yesterday, because I could not even get out of bed. Low and behold, after a breathing treatment, my blood pressure and heart rate went down. I had very severe inflammation in my chest. They have not officially found the cause of the inflammation, but it seems most likely that it is a viral infection, since my labs have come back normal, except for an elevated white blood cell count.

No comments:

Post a Comment